RALEIGH, N.C. (Oct. 22, 2019) – An award-winning hotel development and management company, Concord Hospitality is celebrating a successful Q3, complete with five grand openings, two new development announcements and continued recognition from industry partners. Of note, the hospitality company opened new properties for the first time in the states of Wisconsin and Massachusetts, as well as continued to expand in other states across North America.
In August, Concord announced the opening of the Cambria Hotel Milwaukee Downtown, Concord’s first location in The Badger State. The four-story, 132-room upscale hotel offers multi-function meeting space, a full-service bar and restaurant, an indoor heated pool, a fitness center and an outdoor courtyard.
In late September, Concord opened the very first dual-branded Hampton Inn in Boston Woburn. This is Concord’s first property in the Boston area and in state of Massachusetts. The complex features 235 rooms total between the two hotels and a variety of shared amenities including a 24-hour fitness center, meeting spaces, an indoor salt water pool, a sun deck and an outdoor grilling area.
“We could not be more excited to have two new properties in large and historic cities like Milwaukee and Boston,” said Mark Laport, President and CEO of Concord Hospitality. “Adding these properties to our portfolio illustrates our continued commitment as a company to excellence and growth and is indicative of the continued success we anticipate as we look toward 2020.”
The company also celebrated the grand opening of three more properties:
- Concord’s third property in Colorado, the TownePlace Suites Loveland Fort Collins is the only hotel in downtown Loveland, Colo., and includes 102 rooms, an indoor pool and meeting space.
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Horsham Willow Grove offers 112 suites, flexible function space and a game room in Horsham, Penn. This is Concord’s 21st property in Pennsylvania.
- Located in the historic Great Southwest Building and Concord’s third property in Houston, the Cambria Hotel Houston Downtown Convention Center offers 226 rooms, a ballroom, bar and restaurant.
Additionally, Concord announced the start of two new development projects during Q3:
- The hospitality company announced it will be developing an AC Hotel Marriott at Dadeland Mall in Miami. This seven-story, 177-room hotel will include an outdoor pool and will be attached to Miami’s original and most iconic shopping center, Dadeland Mall. Construction began in July.
- Concord is also developing a dual-branded property next to Michigan State University in Lansing, Mich. Construction on the AC Marriott and Hyatt House hotels will begin in the summer of 2020. When completed, the complex will house 285 rooms, a ballroom and rooftop bar.
Concord was also recognized by industry and brand leaders during Q3. In September, Concord was named Developer of the Year for Lifestyle properties at Hilton’s annual Americas Owner Conference. Additionally, Concord was ranked No. 19 on Fortune and Best Place to Work’s List for Companies in New York. The entry noted that Concord has “great volunteer opportunities and community involvement,” highlighting efforts surrounding the company’s annual Share Day, slated to take place this year in November.
“It is always an honor and privilege to be recognized by industry leaders and among influential peers,” added Laport. “Our successes – from developments to properties to industry awards and beyond – would not be possible without the dedication of our 6,000 associates across North America. We are proud of our achievements so far in 2019 and look forward to closing out the year with a successful Q4.”
Also in Q3, Concord promoted Richard Rose to Vice President of Business Development where he will help identify new business development. Concord welcomed Jared Garner as its General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer. Garner will lead Concord’s legal and compliance functions, as well as support the company’s strategic initiatives.