Concord Hospitality Marks Successful First Half of 2021 as Hospitality Industry Rebounds
RALEIGH, N.C. (Aug. 3, 2021) – Concord Hospitality Enterprises continued to expand its footprint across North America during the first half of 2021, following a devastating 2020 for the hospitality industry. The award-winning hotel development and management company added 12 new properties to its managed portfolio, representing more than 1,550 guest rooms.
Concord Hospitality celebrated the grand opening of eight new properties, four of which are located in Florida:
AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Sawgrass Mills/Sunrise in Sunrise is an eight-story, 174-room hotel boasting more than 1,675 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space complete with floor-to-ceiling windows perfect for corporate, wedding and social events.
- The dual-branded Element and Aloft Tampa Midtown hotel has a combined 226 rooms that include modern features and stylish extended-stay accommodations, Sal Y Mar – the unrivaled rooftop lounge – and a poolside experience with 360-degree views of Tampa and St. Petersburg skylines.
- The 155-room, all-suite Residence Inn by Marriott Jacksonville – Mayo Clinic Area hotel in Jacksonville was designed with wellness and special care in mind for guests who may be transitioning between hospital and home.
Additional grand openings across the U.S. included:
Located in Columbus, Ohio, at the intersection of the city’s bustling business district, Arena District and Short North Arts District, the 160-room urban property AC Hotel Columbus Downtown includes 2,400 square feet of private event space, the AC Kitchen and the AC Lounge by Lumin SkyBar.
- The Aloft Houston Shenandoah features 116 rooms, along with meeting space, the WXYZ bar and lounge, a fitness center and outdoor pool. It represents Concord’s fifth managed hotel in the greater Houston, Texas, market.
- With 122 rooms, the Courtyard Lansing Downtown is the first full-service hotel to open in downtown Lansing, Mich. since 1986.
- New Jersey’s Bergen County’s first SpringHill Suites hotel, the 149-room, all-suite SpringHill Suites East Rutherford Meadowlands/Carlstadt is located just 9 miles outside of New York City and is adjacent to the Meadowlands Sports and Entertainment Complex.
Concord Hospitality also announced the management of four new hotels:
With 127 rooms, the Cambria Hotel Fort Mill in Fort Mill, S.C., offers 1,350 square feet of meeting space, a restaurant, seasonal outdoor pool, fitness center and business services.
- The 94-room, luxury Capital Hotel and accompanying Capital Bar & Grill in Little Rock, Ark., re-opened after being closed for more than a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Located five minutes away from the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, the 107-room Home2 Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport not only features airport comfort and convenience but also 500 square feet of meeting space.
- The 161-room, resort-oriented SpringHill Suites by Marriott Navarre Beach, Fla., is a beachfront hotel situated on the Emerald Coast with spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico. The property includes 3,181 square feet of meeting space, a Beach House Bar and Grille, fitness center and indoor and outdoor pools with a lazy river.
“Following a year of uncertainty across the hospitality industry, it is extremely humbling to have the opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate our most recent grand openings and new management additions, none of which would have been possible without the support of our associates that weathered this storm with us,” said Mark Laport, President and CEO of Concord Hospitality. “As we look to the second half of the year, we remain optimistic, with seven additional opportunities in the immediate pipeline and nearly 20 properties slated to open in 2022. We are eager to keep up the momentum we have regained thus far.”
Concord Hospitality’s growing management portfolio consists of 140 premium select-service, lifestyle/boutique and full-service hotels with over 20,300 rooms in the U.S. and Canada. The hotel development and management company is slated to have more than 145 properties in its portfolio by the end of 2021.