Today, Hyatt House Jersey City celebrated its opening, marking the first Hyatt House hotel in Jersey City. Jointly owned by One Exchange Urban Renewal, LLC, Concord Hospitality and Rockbridge, Hyatt House Jersey City is conveniently located in Jersey City’s Exchange Place neighborhood. The property is managed by Concord Hospitality.
“Hyatt House Jersey City has been designed with our guests in mind including free Wi-Fi in all guestrooms and common areas; around-the-clock food and beverage offerings; delicious complimentary hot breakfast; and spaces that flex to meet guests’ needs,” said General Manager Mark DiPiazza. “We want each and every guest who comes through our doors to feel that they can let their real-life routines roll on, even when they’re on the road.”
Hyatt House Jersey City is located in the Exchange Place neighborhood of Jersey City, directly next to the Exchange Place Light Rail Station on the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail, which runs north to North Bergen, N.J., and south to Bayonne, N.J. The hotel is also located across the plaza from the Exchange Place PATH Station, which runs east to the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan and west to Newark Penn Station in Newark, N.J.
“This project falls right in our sweet spot,” said Mark Laport, Concord’s President and CEO. “Hyatt House Jersey City will open in the midst of a solid and growing financial center and will be served by a major transportation hub that puts nearly five million people annually at our doorstep.”
The 258-room hotel is an adaptive re-use of a 97-year old bank building, the First National Bank of Jersey City, representing a multi-million-dollar investment in Jersey City that will produce more than $1.6 million in annual revenue to the city. The 14-story, residentially inspired hotel offers 10,000 square feet of street-level retail space including a Dunkin’ Donuts and SUBWAY®. The hotel also features a rooftop restaurant and lounge with retractable glass ceiling that offers sweeping views of the New York City skyline and Statute of Liberty.
Hyatt House Jersey City offers:
• 258 apartment-style Kitchen Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms,
spacious bedrooms and stylish bathrooms with complimentary skin and hair care amenities from
• Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
• Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, featuring a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
• The Terrace Bar at Exchange Place, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize, features the Sip + Snack Menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
• The Rooftop at Exchange Place, which includes a fire and water feature, the
perfect place to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
• 24/7 Guest Market / H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from
snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches.
• 24-hour Gym to keep fitness routines going
• The Terrace Level with more than 2,300 square feet of semi-private event
spaces, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure
events are a real crowd pleaser
• Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
• A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery
shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
• Additional services, including Guest Laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to
• A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs and cats
HYATT HOUSE JERSEY CITY LEADERSHIP
Hyatt House Jersey City is under the leadership of General Manager Mark DiPiazza and Director of Sales and Marketing Desiree Dickey. In his role, DiPiazza is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s 80 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. DiPiazza is joined by Director of Sales and Marketing Desiree Dickey, who is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Jersey City area.
For more information, please visit jerseycity.house.hyatt.com.
ABOUT HYATT HOUSE
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 75 locations throughout the United States, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Inspired by extensive research into guest experiences, Hyatt House hotels offer services, amenities, upscale spaces and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook, and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
ABOUT CONCORD HOSPITALITY ENTERPRISES COMPANY
As an award-winning hotel development, ownership and management company, Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company has spent the last three decades building relationships with investors on more than $2.5 billion in premium-branded properties across the United States and Canada. As an operator, both for third party owners and partners, Concord Hospitality instills value from the ground up, developing and managing with a sustainable viewpoint, a focus on quality and hands-on involvement to ensure long-term profitability and success. With the brightest talent, the most innovative processes and a commitment to giving back to the communities where associates live and work, Concord is a company that leads with purpose both internally and externally. Learn more at concordhotels.com.